Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hancock! (not the movie)

I found this email in my Inbox earlier today [Ed. note - the email came from "Paul A."; I just got his permission to identify him to that extent]:

If you have not seen this, please take a moment and watch.

http://www.militarytimes.com/hancock

Then, just try not to say, "God Bless this woman!"
I really can't add a word to that.

[Update] OK, I can add this: In the sidebar of my gmail screen, there were context-sensitive ads. One of them was for Wonder Woman T-shirts.

At first, I thought that was a strange thing for Google to apply to the email. But on second thought, it really makes sense. A woman like that is truly a wonder. I wondered enough to use Google itself to find out more about her mission. Follow that link if you're interested in helping to keep her work going.

2 comments:

  1. I've saw an interview of this woman before, thanks for the link. Made me cry the first time I saw her, I'm doing it again. Yep, God Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how small the world is. I pass this womans home 20-30 times a year and had no idea. What a sweet generous woman.

    ReplyDelete

We reserve the right to delete comments, but the failure to delete any particular comment should not be interpreted as an endorsement thereof.

In general, we expect comments to be relevant to the story, or to a prior comment that is relevant; and we expect some minimal level of civility. Defining that line is inherently subjective, so try to stay clear of insulting remarks. If you respond to a comment that is later deleted, we may take your response with it. Deleting your comment isn't a personal knock on you, so don't take it as such.

We allow a variety of ways for commenters to identify themselves; those who choose not to do so should take extra care. Absent any prior context in which they may be understood, ironic comments may be misinterpreted. Once you've earned a reputation for contributing to a conversation, we are likely to be more tolerant in those gray areas, as we'll understand where you're coming from.