Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Red State Voter

I told some friends over at the Lounge that this idea had been percolating around in my head. Now that we have Gretchen Wilson performing "Redneck Woman" at McCain/Palin rallies....

...it's time for me to share my lyrics.


Well, I never been the sophist type.
I can't jump through those mental hoops,
I know what's wrong and right.
Some things are
so basic
you can't just legislate.
We got them from a whole lot higher power than the State.
Our Founding Fathers held that
they were Truths self-evident.
And I support our troops no matter who is President!

'Cause I'm a Red State Voter
I ain't no left-wing fraud
I don't think folks are stupid
just for having faith in God
I can surf the Internet and hear talk radio
so I learn things the New York Times wished that I didn't know!
Now here's to all my sisters out in Flyover Country
Can I get a big "Hell Yeah" from the Red State gals like me?
Hell Yeah!
Hell Yeah!


So-called "free" health care
Yeah, that sounds nice
But everything worth havin' costs; you always pay some price.
If not money, then time
service, or quality.
And if you are not free to choose, then it's not really free.

They tell me Global Warming
is caused by driving cars
I didn't think that there were any SUV's on Mars!

Hey, I'm a Red State Voter
I ain't no left-wing fraud
It doesn't make folks stupid
just for having faith in God
I can surf the Internet and hear talk radio
So I know things that See B. S. wished that I didn't know!
Now here's to all my brothers out in Flyover Country
Can I get a big "Hell Yeah" from the Red State guys like me?
Hell Yeah!
Hell Yeah!

In a Blue State, voter?
then don't be deterred
You can be a Maverick
Stop running with the herd
You can surf the Internet and hear talk radio
And you'll know things the MSM wished that you didn't know!
So here's to all the others who will fight for their country
Can I get a big "Hell Yeah" from US folks like me?
Hell Yeah!
Hell Yeah!
[Click on the title above, or date stamp below, to see the full post.]

Gretchen, if you ever want to sing this version, you not only have my permission, but my undying gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is it that she knows the words?

    Heh.

    - MuscleDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah looks hot in jeans.
    Let's be truthful.
    Sarah just looks hot!
    But then, Todd looks... territorial.
    So,
    Hell Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

We reserve the right to delete comments, but the failure to delete any particular comment should not be interpreted as an endorsement thereof.

In general, we expect comments to be relevant to the story, or to a prior comment that is relevant; and we expect some minimal level of civility. Defining that line is inherently subjective, so try to stay clear of insulting remarks. If you respond to a comment that is later deleted, we may take your response with it. Deleting your comment isn't a personal knock on you, so don't take it as such.

We allow a variety of ways for commenters to identify themselves; those who choose not to do so should take extra care. Absent any prior context in which they may be understood, ironic comments may be misinterpreted. Once you've earned a reputation for contributing to a conversation, we are likely to be more tolerant in those gray areas, as we'll understand where you're coming from.